Anti Inflammatory Detox Smoothies are just what the doctored ordered after a rich and heavy meal like Thanksgiving. Not only do the vegan smoothies contain all natural ingredients but they are naturally sweetened too. Drink this detox smoothie throughout the month to help balance out an indulgent holiday season.
OK, a show of hands, who feels really gross today? Did you help yourself to one too many servings of dinner yesterday? Did you eat too many slices of pie? Be honest, how many bottles of wine did you guzzle last night? Did you pass out in a food coma covered in turkey?
Don’t feel bad, we’ve all been there. It’s an unwritten rule to gorge yourself and overindulge during holiday feasts. That’s fine until you wake up the next morning feeling like crap. Some American’s consider a food coma on Thanksgiving a badge of honor when in actuality it’s your body crying for help because you just fucked it up.
Well, if you like most people ate too much yesterday and now you feel puffy and gross, this Anti Inflammatory Detox Smoothie is for you!
Do you feel sluggish and puffy after eating overly rich Thanksgiving foods? This Anti Inflammatory Detox Smoothie has 7 wholesome ingredients and each contains anti-inflammatory properties. At least, that’s what the interweb says. Let’s break down the ingredient list:
- 100% Orange Juice – Oranges are considered anti-inflammatory and are recommended in anti-arthritis diets. Oranges contain beta-cryptoxanthin that has been shown to decrease the development of inflammatory joint conditions.
- Pineapple –Pineapple contains the enzyme bromelain, which helps reduce swelling and inflammation in the body.
- Banana -With a reputation for being too starchy or sugary, bananas have sometimes appeared on lists of foods to avoid. While it’s true that some foods can foster inflammation, when you eat a banana, you gain nutrients and phytochemicals that help prevent inflammation.
- Ginger –Ginger is a spice that acts as an anti-inflammatory, thanks to an abundance of gingerols which are powerful compounds that aid in pain relief and are believed to be naturally antibacterial.
- Spinach –Spinach is high in niacin and zinc, as well as protein, fiber, vitamins A, C, E and K, thiamin, vitamin B6, folate, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, copper, and manganese. Spinach is loaded with good things for every part of your body!
- Kale –Kale contains 45 different flavonoids with a variety of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects. One cup of kale also contains 10% percent of the RDA of Omega-3 fatty acids, which help fight against arthritis.
- Turmeric – Turmeric contains the powerful compound curcumin which fights inflammation, aids digestion, fights cancer, eases arthritis, and lowers the risk of heart attacks. ‘
So there you have it, folks, this smoothie is a health food powerhouse! Note, I’m not a nutritionist nor am I pretending to be but I seriously think this vitamin-packed smoothie has the cure for what ails you. It’s what the doctored ordered after consuming copious amounts of sugar, dairy, carbs, and meat.
I don’t know about you, but after Thanksgiving, I crave something healthy to eat or drink. Thanksgiving dinner is served with vegetables, but those vegetables are usually drenched in unhealthy ingredients such as bacon, cream, breadcrumbs, and cheese. This Anti Inflammatory Detox Smoothie tastes wonderfully fresh after the over the top holiday feast.
I’ve consumed two detox smoothies since our Friendsgiving party and I’m feeling pretty damn good. Let’s face it, we’re all normally running around like crazy people during the holiday season. We, as they say, are burning like a candle at both ends. It’s easy to feel under the weather as our schedules ramp up and our immune systems wear down. This drink has a plethora of vitamin C so it will help boost you up when you’re feeling iffy.
Here’s my tip when making this recipe. Buy 1 whole pineapple, 2 (5oz) packages of baby spinach, 2 (5oz) packages of baby kale, 2 inches of fresh ginger, and 1 bunch of bananas. After cutting up the pineapple and mincing the ginger, spend 30 minutes and blend batch after batch of this delicious smoothie. Keep blending batches until you use up all the ingredients then freeze each batch afterward. I froze batches in 3 ice cube trays and 4 large freezer baggies. This way, not only will none of the ingredients go to waste, but you’ll have a fresh smoothie for later consumption! Simply unthaw and drink!
Christmas is barreling towards us now that Thanksgiving is over. That means our schedules will only get busier as the month goes by. I don’t know about you, but when I get busy, I tend to eat things that are easy and often unhealthy. Having frozen batches of Anti Inflammatory Detox Smoothies in your freezer will help you interject some much-needed nutrients into your December diet. It will give you the nutrients and energy you need to keep you firing on all cylinders until this amazingly fun yet tiresome holiday season comes to an end.
Alright, folks, that’s a wrap on the Anti Inflammatory Detox Smoothie post. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and you’re gearing up to have a wonderful Christmas (Hanukkah, Ramadan, Kwanzaa, or even Festivus). Do me a favor and take care of yourself during this indulgent holiday season. Your body will thank you!
Thanks for stopping by,
Did you give this recipe a whirl? You DID?!? That’s freaking awesome! Please let me know your thoughts by leaving a comment below or sharing a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #shockmunch. I love hearing your feedback!
Don’t have time to make this recipe right now? That’s OK, just don’t forget to Pin it for later!