Extremely Delicious Edamame Hummus is a healthy, satisfying snack. It’s perfect for dunking veggies, pouring over pasta, or smearing on sandwiches. It’s great for parties or for an after school snack!
OMG you guys, I’m sharing an Extremely Delicious Edamame Hummus recipe this week! Hummus tastes great with chickpeas, but it tastes delicious with edamame too!
Don’t get me wrong, I love chickpeas. In fact, anytime I eat regular hummus I enjoy it. However, every time I attempt to make it, it tastes too chickpea-y. Plain chickpeas have a unique taste and a more unique aftertaste. I don’t know what my problem is, but every time I make regular hummus it has a funky taste. If you have a tried and true chickpea hummus recipe, please share it!
But in the meantime, you have to try this extremely delicious edamame hummus! I love edamame. Anytime K-man (Kieran) and I eat sushi, I have to order edamame. I love the texture and subtle saltiness.
I thought it would be relatively simple to make hummus from edamame and I was right! Mixed with white beans and an array of spices, edamame hummus is a creamy and enticing snack!
Edamame hummus won’t ever go to waste because it can be enjoyed in numerous ways. For example:
- As a dip – perfect for parties or even an after school snack.
- Over pasta – when you want a creamy, savory dinner.
- As a spread – which goes perfectly with sandwiches and wraps.
Almost every recipe can be adapted to your personal preference, as a matter of fact, this recipe is highly adaptable too:
- Kids – If you want to sneak more vegetables into your kid’s diet, add a handful of spinach. I bet your children won’t notice! Except for Timmy, nothing gets by Timmy. That adorable little shit.
- Adults – If you love spicy foods I bet this recipe would taste amazing with jalapenos!
- Cilantro haters – think cilantro tastes like soap? Omit the herb altogether or substitute parsley!
In any event, if you have a picky eater in your household, if they at least like edamame, you can adapt this recipe to suit everyone’s needs. Oh! I almost forgot. This recipe is also gluten free and vegan!
Whether you serve up this recipe for Labor Day or as an afternoon snack for your kiddo’s, you and your family and friends will be happy. If you love edamame like I do, then you’re going to love this Extremely Delicious Edamame Hummus!
Thanks for stopping by!